REAL ESTATE ARTICLES
« Real Estate Articles - Main
Tips To Make Your Home Sell on Show Day!
By Ashley Den Breeijen
After working many years as an estate agent for Remax in Blaauwberg, Cape Town. I realized that selling a house on show day hinges on one very important aspect. And that is? Getting the home ready for showing.
A little bit of time and energy can make a huge difference to selling a home on show day or not.
Getting your home in tip top shape not only gets your home sold, but also gets you a far better price. A few things one can do before show day is:
On The outside
- Keep the lawn trimmed and edged.
- Weed and cultivate flower gardens.
- Trim shrubs and eliminate dead trees or branches.
- Pick up any debris, toys and lawn equipment.
- Repair any fences and gates and give them a fresh coat of paint or stain if necessary
- Have the exterior clean and attractive, the roof in good repair, and the gutters and downspouts in good condition.
- Have the exterior, driveway and sidewalk professionally washed.
- Replace any cracked windows and torn screens.
- Make the entrance way clean and inviting.
- Be sure the doorbell works.
- Wash down the mailbox and porch light, sweep the patio.
On the inside
- Walls should be clean and free of smudges, fingerprints and dents.
- Consider a fresh coat of paint, if a good washing doesn't work.
- Inspect woodwork and wallpaper for areas that need attention.
- Arrange furniture to make each room appear more spacious and attractive.
- If a piece of furniture is badly worn, store it temporarily in the attic, basement or at your neighbor's house.
- Wash windows and sills until sparkling clean.
- Curtains and drapes should be freshly laundered.
- Shampoo rugs and carpets.
- Floors should be waxed.
- Repair loose doorknobs, sticking doors and windows, and warped kitchen drawers and cabinet doors.
- Fix leaky faucets and eliminate stains on sinks and counter tops.
- Tighten loose stair banisters and be sure steps are free of objects.
- Light fixtures should be in good repair.
- Replace discolored or cracked switch and outlet plates.
- Clean out closets to display their roominess.
- Be sure clothes are hung neatly and shoes and other objects are tidily arranged.
- Bathrooms should be sparkling clean with no stains or mildew.
- Repair the caulking in tubs and showers.
- If necessary, replace shower curtain and set out fresh towels.
- Bedrooms should appear neat with attractive spreads and curtains.
- Remove any clutter (including wall posters) from kid's rooms.
- Use packing boxes to clean up the basement, attic and garage.
- The kitchen should be especially clean and dishes put away.
- Clear the fireplace of ashes.
- Make sure the garbage is always taken out
Helpful Hint: Something fresh baked always makes your house more attractive during a showing.
Selling your home at the best price does take a bit of effort, but a bit of effort can make a huge difference to the price you will get.
First impressions are very important!
Husband and Wife Team at RE/MAX selling property in the Blaauwberg, Table View Area.
Multiple award winning estate agents known for there strong internet brand and must see personal website.
The Husband and Wife Team have won the coveted platinum award three years in a row. 2005, 2006, 2007. Membership of the RE/MAX platinum club is one of the highest single year commision honours that Re/max bestows upon a sales associate.
Ashley and Izelle are well known estate agents that service the blaauwberg area. There area includes, Milnerton, Melkbos, Sunset Beach, Big Bay, Parklands, Bloubergstrand and Table View.
Check out our website at http://www.husbandandwifeteam.com
Our Blog http://husbandandwifeteam.blogspot.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ashley_Den_Breeijen