Great Questions You Can Ask at Interview - Here's 50 of Them
1. When can I expect to hear from you?
2. What are the key priorities of the job?
3. What plans are there for an initial induction?
4. What is the successful candidate expected to achieve in the next six months?
5. Who are the key internal stake holders in relation to this position?
6. Who are the key external stake holders in relation to this position?
7. Have there been any difficulties with this position in the past that I should know about?
8. I understand this is a temporary position, what is the prospect of it being permanent in the future?
9. I am aware you have a number of offices in different countries, are there any travelling opportunities?
10. What developmental opportunities are there in the position?
11. How many people will the person appointed be working for?
12. How many people are there in the team?
13. How many people will the person appointed be managing?
14. Does your company have an open door policy?
15. What are the working arrangements, is it an open plan office?
16. What are the opportunities for growth in this job?
17. How well respected is the team in the company?
18. Is there a written job description I can see?
19. How is the performance review undertaken?
20. How often does the performance review take place?
21. If you are benchmarked against your competitors how well do you fair?
22. What are the growth plans of the company over the next five years?
23. Why is this position available?
24. What has happened to the people who previously held this position?
25. Will it be possible to meet the person who will be reported to ahead of time?
26. What key skill sets and attributes do people who get ahead in the company have to have?
27. How are staff kept informed about new initiatives taking place in the company?
28. How committed are staff to the priorities of the team?
29. How committed are managers to the priorities of the team?
30. Are there any opportunities for team away days?
31. Do you have staff suggestion schemes in the company?
32. What are the key personnel procedures within the company?
33. What are the expectations in relation to late and weekend working?
34. Are there any circumstances where staff are permitted to work from home?
35. Are there any company sports teams/events?
36. Are there any opportunities for 360 degree feedback?
37. How would you describe the general atmosphere of the team?
38. How would you describe the general atmosphere of the company?
39. How diverse is the staff team?
40. How diverse is the company?
41. How is outstanding initiative/achievement rewarded in the company?
42. My last company had a 'dress down Friday' policy, what is your company policy in this regard?
43. How pressurised is the working environment generally?
44. Does the position require evening and weekend meetings?
45. The position offers a half an hour lunch break, is there a staff canteen on site?
46. How would you characterise the company's culture?
47. What is the management style of the team and how does this impact on it?
48. Does the company offer 'shadowing' or secondment opportunities?
49. Are there any areas that perhaps you have question marks about me in relation to this interview/position? If there are, I would certainly like an opportunity to re-clarify any points.
50. Please feel free to add your own questions to this list.
To download your free 200 page Licence to Live Self Development e-book – which is Jam packed with development tools and techniques, quotes, thought provoking ideas. And most of all it challenges you to lead your best life - please go to http://www.answerlife.co.uk/productsnew.html
Hyacinth is a Master Practitioner of NLP and a Master Hypnotherapist. She is a Coach, Consultant and Trainer. Highly regarded and ensures that her solutions are informative, exciting and presented in such a way to ensure all learning styles are catered for. She works with personnel at the highest levels in the private, public and voluntary sectors, up to and including members of the board.